Sunday, June 5, 2011

Beware Daughters of Eve

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
Oscar Wilde
Happy Birthday Crowned Mother, Juanita @ 75...


So "Happy Birthday Doo!"  June 6, my mother will turn 75 years old.  We celebrated this event Saturday afternoon at my sister's house in Shreveport.  As I sat there, watching people, listening to my mother talk, and thinking...a lot was going on all around me and in my head.   I celebrated as I reflected last night all the lovely attributes of my mother that she has passed on to her daughters.  Whether we acknowledge it, admit it, or not...Beware the daughters of Eve, you do become your mothers.

Our mother is quick-witted and always has a song in her heart and mind.  I love this about Juanita!

Charlotte:  loves creating something.  She creates gardens, flower beds, clothing, purses, crafts...  Mother lives on...

Debbie:  read and played with children.  Our mother spent hours reading, playing games and working puzzles with us...Mother lives on...

Lenora:  multi-tasks until the break of dawn and then on and on.  She is NEVER idle.  There is not a lazy bone in her body or a lazy thought in her mind...Mother lives on...

Elizabeth:  lives life with a great deal of passion.  Liz deals with life from a deep part of her loving heart that is so very passionate, in fact it can be painful for her...Mother lives on...

Sandy:  believes in what she believes and stands firmly.  She will not be torn down.  She may be shaken but her beliefs, her roots, are deep and she will remain strong and fight...Mother lives on...

So I celebrate my mother and the daughters she has raised, my sisters and myself.  I'm so glad she passed on these wonderful traits.  May we celebrate the WONDER of life found in our mother. 

Happy Birthday Doo!

No comments:

Post a Comment