Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall...Ummm...



Cotton field in the fall, Louisiana Snow!!!

Sunflower fields ready for Dove Season

This is my absolutely favorite time of year!  I love October - December, but October is THE month.  It's always been the month I enjoy the most.  Maybe because it's the FALL, and I do that so well.  Pun intended.  It's the colors of fall, the smells of fall, the football games, the fairs, the new TV shows, lots of "stuff" that I love!  But it is named the FALL!!! I've ALWAYS done that well and I must enjoy it because I do it a lot.  The other night, Ken and I went to dinner at Red Lobster in Monroe.  He parked, I was looking at my phone and did not notice our parking spot.  Ken always comes around and opens my door for me, but this time I beat him and was getting out on my own, talking and looking at my phone.  Multi-tasking overload!  Ken had parked right next to the curb.  There was a tree planted there and that should have been a clue, WATCH OUT!  But it went unheeded and so did my feet.  I fell over the curb trying to get out of the car.  I thought for a moment I would hit the dirt with my face, but I turned just in time to land on my rear.  This added a bump, bruise and soreness to  my already permanently swollen derriere.  Ken came running around to help me up, but I couldn't let him.  I was afraid if he pulled too hard he'd hurt himself or myself.  So I crawled to the car and stood up.  He was so apologetic and said he'd never park by a curb again...Bless his heart, you'd think he'd know by now that it doesn't really matter.  I can fall over my own two feet, out of a chair, bending over, standing up straight...It doesn't really matter.  I guess I just love going down and I do it so well...The journey is wonderful, enjoy the falls along the way...
Grandchildren + Fair = Fun for All!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment