Monday, February 20, 2012

MLK Community Service Award Winner, Charlotte Crawley

Congratulations to my sister, Charlotte Ann Murphy Crawley!  She received the Martin Luther King, Jr. Community Service Award last evening from Mount Canaan Baptist Church.  It was an amazing worship service and a beautiful Award.

  Charlotte works hard to make her community a great place.  She has been involved with all sorts of city "stuff" from the opera to the farm!  She has opened her doors for the block party, making sure all neighbors know the neighborhood, and to state politicians.  Her passion is her husband, children, grandchildren, family, community and her farm.  Maybe not in that order all the time, but...  Her journey has led her in many directions and she has made friends every step of the way.  Congratulations again Charlotte and thank you Mount Canaan Baptist Church for a wonderful experience!

Link on over to my sister's blog to read more!


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your sister on receiving the Martin Luther King award. With her achievements I'm sure she will tell you the greatest reward is volunteering to help others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, You are so CORRECT! That is what this journey is all about, helping others see it through! Thanks for the comment and reading my blog. I really enjoy yours as well.

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much Debbie, first for sharing the evening with me and then writing such a wonderful post. I did steal the pic of the congregation from you for my post--so thanks again. Love you. Be sure Ken knows how much I appreciate him coming too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to Charlotte - it really sounds like she deserved it.
    Ralph

    ReplyDelete