Thursday, September 15, 2011

Maybe Hank Had Something Right, "Mind Your Own Business"


Ken's grandmother had a wonderful saying, "Every one knows how to treat the devil, but the one that has him."  I truly find it amazing how much we as humans are experts on what everyone else should do, but our actions prove that as to our own lives we haven't a clue.  I also find it amazing at how fickle our brains are when it comes to our memories.  We know that it is a truth that when we were children things were scarier than they really were, bigger than they really were, louder than they were really were, harder than they really were, funnier than they really were, etc.  Our memory is truly eschewed when looking back on our childhood.  We see things in our mind's eye through the eyes of the child we were.  I totally accept that.  However, when looking back as an adult at younger adult years and in some respect just last week, I have a very low tolerance for people that askew that memory and try to pass it on as truth.  GET REAL!!!  Now keep in mind, I have NOTHING against creating a totally new memory.  I love that.  I even enjoy remembering BIG!  As long as we all understand that is what is going on.  Please don't try to rationalize your behavior to me, cause I'm broke & I'm not buying it!  Please go "mind your own business, then you won't be minding mine", as Hank sang.  The journey I'm on involves creating memories for children in my world that will point them in the right direction for many years to come.  I come to stop signs along the journey and sometimes need to pull over at a rest area for a brief pause or to look at my road map.  I pray that my Creator will light my path, guard my way and be my GUIDE!  He is...the Keeper of my Soul!

2 comments:

  1. Keeping it real, Debbie. Did Ken take that picture of you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit to loosing the true memory a time or two! Lol We can not depend on emotions, feelings, culture, trends, traditions, or even or own memories to point us to the TRUTH! Only the Holy Spirit can do that. Truth is found in the Bible. I will say, that even adults have scued memories because of point of view! Things are never truly as you remembered them really. We must stay focused on the true prize!

    ReplyDelete