Monday, September 12, 2011

There She Is...It's Miss...

Some BEAUTIFUL girls!!!
This morning I co-led a workshop on technology for our district and then I helped the church ladies clean up after a funeral luncheon.  I've washed and folded 5 loads of clothes.  Then I graded two sets of math tests.  Finally I decided, ENOUGH!!!  I must sit in front of the television and have some intellectual stimulation where I do not have to be actively engaged if I don't want to be.  My choices were the Tea Party Presidential Debate or Miss Universe...Here I sit watching...Miss Universe.   I ABSOLUTELY LOVE watching these things!!!  Miss Universe, Miss America, Miss U.S.A., put Miss in front of it and I'm there.  My favorite way to watch these is with my daughter and one of my daughter-in-laws.  We would make GREAT judges.  The only problem is at our Judge's Table we would require snacks and lots of Diet Cola.  We can pick out winners faster than the Energizer Bunny can scoot across the screen in commercials.  Our "pick" is ALWAYS in the top three and often the winner.  Not necessarily because we think she's the prettiest but because we're just that good at judging what the judges will pick.  Maybe that's what we ought to judge, the Judges.  Who really does the job right and who needs to re-think their pick.  I can hear us now, picking up their ballots..."Now you just erase that score and re-think.  Did you get a good look at the back of that gown?  Did you see the bones on those hips in that swim suit?  Really? My dog shows more talent than that when he's howling at the moon!"  I don't really believe in beauty pageants, I just enjoy the "bling" or something anyway...After all I was Miss Wham Brake in 1975...Whatever, WE do make the journey more beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Okay Miss Wham--actually I don't remember that pageant, but you were just following after Mom I guess. I watched an hour of the debate and then the last hour of Miss Universe. The judges sure do like brunettes.

    ReplyDelete