Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Happy Birthday Oreo!



In another month, I have been asked to act as the M C for the state convention of a group that celebrates weight loss and maintaining healthy weight.  I'm trying to be good... We are out of school this week so I've been able to catch up on the news and such.  Wouldn't you know it, yesterday was Oreo's 100th birthday.  These people are personal friends of mine, lifelong friends.  They've been with me through thick, thin, and then thick again.  So I celebrated.  Ken bought me a Sonic Oreo Blast and a package of Double Stuff.  I'm proud to say it was a small blast and the package of  double stuff Oreos are still on the counter with just a few missing.  However, it's not safe for me to go into the kitchen...

6 comments:

  1. Well, some people say there should be a law against Oreos. I've been known to try a few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red, I would be labeled an outlaw for sure! Such a shame to be that good. Thanks for the visit and the comment. By the way, I'll be celebrating National Pi day with Moon Pies!

      Delete
  2. I once took a sandwich with me on a long semi truck drive. Marilyn had some Oreos sitting there and so I put 4 oreos in the same baggie with the sandwich. It turned the bread as crusty as dry toast and the oreos were so wet you couldn't even pick them up.
    too long of a comment but you're the one who mentioned Oreo's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well i will have a double stuffed one tonight in your honor!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hundred year old Oreos, huh? Must have some really good preservatives in 'em. HA! I'm eating something as I type that is even more addictive than Oreos, if you can believe it. Snyder's York Peppermint Pretzel Sandwich Dips. Pretzels, chocolate, and mint in one tasty little package. (Oughta be against the law!) Thanks for visiting my blog and signing on as a new follower. It was my pleasure to repay the visit, and please count me in as your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. One should have eaten 100 Oreos on their 100th birthday. Don't you think I look a little like an Oreo?

    ReplyDelete