Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Symptoms: Hold on I Think I've Got That!!!

Old Television Clip Art

You know you are in trouble when you are watching television and a commercial comes on encouraging you to see your doctor and ask for _____ (some medicine) if you are experiencing any of these symptoms, and you have 4 out of 5 of them.  Then you hear the side effects of the medicine and you realize you are experiencing ALL of the side effects and you aren't even taking ANY medicine!  What is going on?  You might call it hypochondria, except for I don't get hyper about very much, unless it has to do with something I'm really interested in.  And frankly my "symptoms" of a disease I didn't even know existed until  I saw the commercial do not get me hyper.  So why do I have all the symptoms and the side effects...too much TV!  I think I'm experiencing "Symptomatic Medical TV Commercial Overload".  That's something for you!  The symptoms are:
You talk in commercial voice all the time.
You check the "Guide" as soon as you get up or sit down.
You can't leave the house without the DVR set.
You break out in a cold sweat while watching a recorded show and your spouse skips through the commercials.
You keep a list of all the "medical" commercials, just in case.
You keep a list of all the lawyers suing all the "medicines", just in case.

I've not come up with a cure for SMTVCO yet, but when I do...the journey will be sweeter!

2 comments:

  1. Now I'm really concerned about you. Do you have a TV for the trip?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I was not your mother I would say you need to see a head doctor. But knowing you as I do I would say you are pulling one of your jokes again. But the side affects scare me so much if I had the illness I would not take the pills. www.gardeningwithjuanita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete