Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Home...

Ben & 3 of the Darlings
Every Fall Ken & I say, "We should go north and see the colors."  Every Fall I say, "I gotta go to school."  Every Fall we miss going north and seeing the colors.  I told him this Fall I'd go.  We just needed to choose a weekend and head out.  We could leave as soon as school is out on Friday and stay gone until 7:20 am Tuesday, that's when I have to report for duty. Then my younger sister got married November 11 and I was invited to her reception on November 12; my youngest sister married on November 11 also and held a reception November 19.  Both of these girls live in Arkansas.  Elizabeth, Nov. 12 reception, lives near my son in Fayetteville.  That gave me four good reasons to head north:  I get to see my sister, her family & meet her new spouse, visit my son, daughter-in-law, and four darling grandchildren, my mother also wanted to go with me and we see the colors of Fall in Arkansas, AND then # 4 my youngest son, Joe, decided he'd ride with me! 

Ben, me & Joe
Wow!  Before we took the trip, I was walking around in my own yard talking on the phone to someone and that's when I noticed all the colors around me.  All the colors I hoped to see were in my own back yard.
Looking out my backdoor!
 Double Wow!  So that was off my list.  There is nothing as beautiful as HOME!  But I gotta say, I enjoyed the trip and the different views.  The colors in my life are really brought on by the people in my life and it is downright colorful.  In fact it's quite a masterpiece, put together for me by the Master!   My children and their families all came and spent Thanksgiving with us.  We start on Wednesday and celebrate all the way through Sunday.  We actually celebrate Christmas on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  This year, Stacy headed up my Christmas present.  They all went in together and hired a photographer to come and spend a couple of hours at our house taking pictures of all the different families, the big family and then all of us just kind of playing.

The Whole Clan!!!

  It was a delightful present and really shows the colorful life I lead.  Thank you Lord for all the colors of my life.  The journey is delightful.

2 comments:

  1. Ben sure looks like Frank Honey in this picture. Thant was a wonderful Present.Mother www.gardeningwithjuanita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been too long since you have written a post, but this one was worth the wait. You are right, traveling to have different views is nice, but home is the best. What a beautiful family and a very smart Christmas present.

    ReplyDelete