Saturday, December 17, 2011

December Birthdays!

Joshua
Our very first grandchild was born December 16, 2000, Joshua Shepard Evans.  Absolutely PRECIOUS, that is the only word that can describe a grandchild like mine!  Joshua is just that and more.  He loves his family, acting, football, wrestling, Ramon noodles, steak and STEAK SAUCE.  When he was born I thought I would have him call me Grammy.  That seems to be the "hot" topic with new grandparents, "What's the baby going to call you?" Let me tell you, that baby can call you whatever he/she likes and it will be WONDERFUL!  That's what happened to me.  I was a Sr. in Speech Pathology when I switched over to Elementary Education, so of course I knew the "G" sound in Grammy would be a long time in coming.  The first time I heard that baby say, "Mammy", I was hooked, and have been Mammy ever since.  The first time Joshua stayed with Ken & I without parents, we locked out the world and followed that kiddo around our house and oohed and awed over everything he did and said...That's eleven years and 12 grandchildren later.  Thanks, Joshua you are a great # 1 and I hope you have many more birthdays!

Kendalyn, Mammy  & Ava
In 2009 all four of our children enlarged their families.  Four new grandchildren were born that year including two in December.  Ava was suppose to be number 11 born on Dec. 18, Kendalyn would be number 12 to be born on Dec. 21.  Kendayln did not like that number...She decided to come early!  Kendayln is number 11 and made a grand entrance on Dec. 8.  She has my heart for sure.  They say she is bad, but I can tell you that little darling is just that, DARLING!!!  When she is at my house she follows me around or I follow her around.  When she goes to church with me, she sits with me, sings with me and I play with her in the nursery if we have to leave out...I look forward to many more years watching this baby grow in to a fine young woman. 


Shopping with Ava & Kendalyn!!!




Ava is the youngest of our brood.  Born to Tafta and Matt, this little angel is an absolute DOLL .  She constantly has a smile on her face and is an extremely pleasant little person.  She loves her Pappy and he loves that.  Lil Ava always wants to go with us every time we show up.  She is never ready for us to leave and never ready to leave us.  It is so wonderful to be loved just because you showed up!  That's the beauty of being a grandparent to our wonderful kiddos.  December is a wonderful month of celebration and family.  These three make the journey even better!

2 comments:

  1. That blond haired beauty looks like she is really shoppng ,she is saying" Don't worry about prices, what's money"
    Mother www.gardeningwithjuanita.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family has truly been well blessed. Such beautiful and special grands. They are lucky to have you and Ken.

    ReplyDelete