Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hey My Tree is Flocked TOO!!!

Me & Charlotte under our
icecycled tree!
As I was reading my sister's blog @ www.charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com ,
"Decorating the Christmas Tree", I was feeling just a lil bit jealous.  She always has a "flocked" tree.  So does my Aunt Tootsie.  But I've never had one.  Then in the middle of the night it hit me...MY TREE IS FLOCKED!!!!  A few years ago, about 10, I got tired of putting a tree up and down, up and down...so I just bought one I enjoyed and leave it up all year!!!  And it's "flocked".  OK, so mine is flocked with birds, but that's how I get away with leaving it up all year and then at Thanksgiving I bring out the Christmas ornaments and decorate it for the holiday.
My "flocked" tree

On my tree, each ornament can be seen and cherished. Here's a few & their stories...
Might be a real bird that got strung up...

Red Birds & Hummingbirds
An Angel that has hung on my tree for 35 years,
given to me by a little 3 yr. old girl fighting cancer.


Reminder during this season, (red heart) Be still...
Natchitoches Ornament created by a parent of a student.



Chicken Light Bulb created by Kate!
Candy Cane created by Riggs




A whole family of Blingy Snowballs given to me by a friend!
A silver ball made of Aluminum Foil,
 always hung on our tree when I was a child
A lace ball, made from my wedding dress.

 So from my house to yours...
May your Christmas be full of JOY! 



And may all your trees be "FLOCKED"!!!  hehehehe

1 comment: