Monday, December 19, 2011

School's Out for Christmas

Ahhhh, the first day of Christmas break!  I slept late and opened my eyes to coffee!!!  While I drank my first two cups my sweet husband read the scripture to me.  As he read I sat and worked on a Christmas puzzle.  This so reminded me of when I was young.  My mama would clear her sewing cabinet and put out a puzzle that we would all work during the Christmas break.  There were six of us and often Christmas time in Louisiana can be mushy, rainy weather.  So mother made sure there were plenty of inside activities to keep our active bodies and minds engaged.  We put together puzzles, played lots of  Rook, Yellow 10, Parcheesi and lots of other games.  The first day of Christmas Vacation was looked forward to by me back then and still is today.  Today I watched movies, folded clothes, put together puzzles, wrote Christmas cards, opened Christmas cards and remembered.
Santa World:  Kate & Sully Mac helped me finish this one!

New puzzle:  "When Dreams Come True" 
A breast cancer HOPE puzzle
I bought this one years ago, in honor of my sister Charlotte.  I'm just now getting around to putting it together! 


 One special memory for today is one of my baby sisters, Elizabeth.  December 19, today is her birthday.  She is one special lady and I love her!  Ken and I called her this morning and sang "Happy Birthday!"  What better way to start Christmas Vacation?  The journey is sweet...

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is for recalling and making memories. Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! It sounds like your having a great vacation. Morning coffee & the Bible... it don't get any better than that!

    Merry Christmas :-)

    ReplyDelete