Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Pageant: Bring it ON!!!

Mary & Joseph, The shepherds, The Three Kings, and Angels all appeared at our house!

Some time ago, about a year ago I guess,two of my sisters decided to go into the animal business.  They now have chickens, goats, sheep, dogs, cats, and such.  One of these sisters blogs about her lil farm @ www.charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com.  She and I were talking on the phone last evening, I was telling her about a Christmas Pageant I had heard about on TV & she was telling me about how one of her "friends" had called & inquired about using some of her animals in their church pageant.  Charlotte has chickens, goats, rabbits, dogs and cats.  I guess the lil dwarf goats could pull Mary in a wagon if they hooked them all up, she has 4.  Anyway all of this reminded me of when our children were young and we put on a Christmas Pageant.  The pictures are still on my piano every Christmas!  Tafta, Mary, road in on a donkey guided by Joseph, Jonathan.  Ben, Joe and Chris Hicks were shepherds out standing in their fields, they still are...taking care of their flocks.  I believe we used goats too.  We had plenty of them but no baby doll sheep at the time.  Now we have barbados sheep, but they are more like deer and wild.  Not very good for the Christmas Pageant.  We never had any camels for our wise men.  I think Joe, Chris and Ben had to pull double duty there.  The angels were Coree & Josh Nash, who truly were role cast!  They were sweet youngins.  I tell you for sure, I miss those days.  Just wait til those grand youngins get back here.  We're gonna put on a Christmas Pageant even if it's the middle of July!  I've got just the right donkey...

 

Moses & Ken

I for  one think donkeys make the journey a little bit sweeter!!!



1 comment:

  1. A neighbor gave Chase the book A Christmas Pageant
    today. That is a fun book. Yes I can see one of your little "Marys" riding on Moses.

    ReplyDelete