Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Flowers Are Red

I was reading a fellow blogger's writings about education, Red @ Hiawatha House,  and someone left a comment about this song.  So I looked it up and thought I'd share.  It is a sad statement on "cookie cutter" education but it's definitely the way we are going to go if we keep on talking about testing and measurements instead of human beings.
Click on the hot link and enjoy...Think about it.  This journey should be very colorful!
http://www.youtube.com/embed/CWV3fJB2Mfw

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for looking up the song. Once I saw the lyrics I remembered hearing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My college literature professor gave me a "D" on my final exam. There was an essay question for a lot of points on the exam: "What is your opinion of Edgar Allen Poe?". I protested the grade exclaiming, "You ask for my opinion..." and he replied, "You've been in this class a semester and by now MY opinion should be YOUR opinion." I have been fighting red flowers since:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep..and my elementary age children have a class everyday where they learn to take "the test"...not think about the test...just learn how to answer the ?s on the test!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so right about these silly tests. I heard someone who was educated in China say that the Chinese out score American because they are not taught to think, just regurjatate information. He said American education teaches thinking skills and problem solving. Well that might not be true much longer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Check it out at Charlotte's Menagerie.

    ReplyDelete