Friday, June 10, 2011

On the Porch, In the Yard, It's Singing Time


Ms. Lora Ann May

Mark on the guitar and Randy
leads the singin'!
Just spent a magical evening with friends and family, church family that is...Ms. Lora Ann May was hosting her Shell Family Reunion this evening at her house.  She invites the whole church, the community as well as her family.  It's truly a good time with family and friends.  We gathered at about 5:30, her son Mark May was grilling burgers, sausage and weiners.  The "smells" were all there and the tastebuds were ready.  The blessing was said and the food lines appeared.  We ate, we drank, we desserted ourselves.  Someone had made a pecan pie, there were cookies galore and lots of cold soda pop and water.  Then the lawn chairs gathered around as Mark and Kelley played. 

Kelley & the dobro
The hymn books were passed out and a singin' commenced led by Randy Etheridge.  I'm telling you the circle will not be broken.  Those dear people sang and you felt as if you had been transported back a 100 years.  When did we get too busy or too spoiled to sit in the yard or on the porch and sing with the guitar and such?  I thoroughly enjoyed it!  I can play the piano, the saxophone and a recorder, but I tell you I think I'm gonna have to pick up a fiddle or a guitar.  I know I can & I just feel inspired.  I'm ready for another "Louisiana Saturday Night"!  Thank you folks for a pickin', singin', grinnin', GOOD time!
It's a singin' good time!


Mr. & Mrs. Pete Shell, Ms. Francis Walker
Lora Ann's brother & sister



No comments:

Post a Comment