Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Grandchildren Will Teach You EVERYTHING!!!

Everything I need to know I learned from...

You've heard this line before, but here's the truth.  Grandchildren have a way of putting things straight from their minds and hearts to yours...and that's all a grandparent needs to know!  We've just finished our Third Annual Mammy & Pappy Camp (MP3) and all the knowledge I've gained from them over the years is weighing on my mind.  With that in mind, I thought I'd share!



Joshua, #1 (age 10):  It doesn't matter what name you pick out for yourself as a grandparent, you'll love what they choose.  I was suppose to be Grammy.  I figured that would be the only "Grammy" I'd win, but the first time that baby said Mammy...It was ON!  That was my new name.  It came out of his mouth, straight to my heart and I LOVE it!

Riggs, #2 (age 8):  An eternal optimist cannot be challenged.  He can be staring at a disaster & see the good.  He knows how to point my heart always to the better things.  The scripture says, "Think on these things" and that boy has it down!

Kate, #3 (age 7):  Following the rules is important, even when you are young.  Do your best at all times and do it right.  Kate also has a heart for the elderly, she is an example in this regard for me also!

Sully Mac, #4 (age 6):  A child's heart is a perfect gateway to Christ.  He talked with Jesus all night in a dream and could only remember one question: "How many hairs do I have?"  Sully admitted he'd tried to count them one time, but stopped about half way.  That reminded me of when I was young & actually tried to count the stars.

Anne-Claire, #5 (age 6):  Being quiet is sometimes the best way to go.  She is so very good & quiet, you wonder if she's there.  But she can tell you EVERYTHING going on, who did it, and what is about to happen.  A sweet, kind, quiet person is a rare find.  I'm glad we found one!

Audrey Jane, #6 (age 6):  Being quiet is sometimes the best way to go...but A. J. knows NOTHING about this!!!  She does know creative ingenuity.  The other night for Bible School she had to bring a noise maker.  Her mother said, "Ok, we'll take a empty water bottle, put some rocks in it and you can decorate it."  Audrey replied, "YES!  I can write, 'Jesus Rocks!' on my bottle!"  She has tapped into my creativity & showed me things I didn't even know was there.

Sadee, #7 (age 4):  Big personalities can come is small bodies!  That child is so very small, but is so VERY BIG!  She sings louder than the "BIG" kiddos, she always knows the right answer, she likes to be in front on stage!  And I like her there!  She shows off in just the right way.  Her parents are doing a GREAT job with this GREAT personality!

Bethany, #8 (age 4):  If you smile big enough, you can get away with just about anything.  "Wait a minute, I'm busy!"  B. C. yells at Pappy.  He goes right on.  She shows up in a minute, turns on THE SMILE and says, "What do you want?"  No disrespect meant; she really is busy and shows up when she can.  He understands the smile!

Dez, #9 (age 2):  The youngest in the family really is the Baby!  Everyone takes care of them and even if it's not necessary he can turn on that Baby Charm!

Sophee, #10 (age 2):  The youngest can be the strongest willed child especially if following behind BIG personality!  Sophee runs at you with chubby hands, glowing cheeks, wanting a hug and a kiss.  Your heart warms up immediately!  But then you wonder, "What has she done?"

Kendalynn, #11 (age 1):  "Nosy" will nose its way right into your heart in a BIG way!  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and this child is beautiful both inside & out to everyone! 

Ava, #12 (age 1):  Pappy really is EVERYTHING!  No need for anyone else to show up, just send the Pappy!

Love those grandkids and it is true, "Grandchildren will make you throw rocks at your own children."

3 comments:

  1. "Grandchildren will make you throw rocks at your own children." I'll have to think on that. I loved reading about each of your wonderful grandchildren. They are all an amazing gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best Mammy on earth! How blessed your grandkids are to have you and what AMAZING little people (and bigger people they are!!! Wish I didn't live so far away! Love you ALL MIGHTILY! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the best Mammy on earth! How blessed your grandkids are to have you and what AMAZING little people (and bigger people they are!!! Wish I didn't live so far away! Love you ALL MIGHTILY! <3

    ReplyDelete