Sunday, July 3, 2011

Delightful and Consternating Thoughts

Jerry Mobley, "Deep Thinker"!


The other day I posted on my FB status:

    "If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put your two cents in, where does the other penny go?" 

This was very "taxing" on my brain!

I got back some wonderful comments and that just led me to thinking more...
Joe said, "If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard that!"  Wow!  How rich I'd be, huh... 

Jerry asked a question of me:  "In for a penny, in for a pound..."  Do you know the conversion rate on that?

Well Jerry, I don't really have a conversion rate but your question led to further consternation.  If we're talking about English pounds, we're back to the first one that's "taxing" on our brain.  That conversion rate is for the birds. 
If we're talking about lbs., then all I can say is Wahoo!  In for a penny, in for a pound; I'm a VERY rich woman!

Ken and I saw Jerry & Nina the other day at the Sonic.  We drove up next to them & started talking.  Jerry was talking about being on a "fixed" income, they are both retired.  That of course led me to further consternation and a conclusion:  Ken & I will never retire because our "fixed" income is really "broke"!  Does anyone know where we can take it for repair?

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 03, 2011

    I love consternation conversation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well when I'm broke I go to the and ask for a loan. But when I have to pay it back, I'm more broke. Income and Outgo is such a trap.

    ReplyDelete