Thursday, July 21, 2011

Happy Birthday Tafta

Tafta, Ava, Matt, and Audrey Jane
My daughter, my friend!  Tafta is a WONDERFUL person; everyone that knows her will say so.  She is celebrating her birthday tomorrow and I'm very proud of the woman she has become.  Tafta is a great pre-K teacher, wonderful mother to 2 lil darlings, and a fine wife to a fantastic man.  Most importantly, I believe she loves the Lord.  I plan to go and share the day with her.  We won't have to do much, we'll have four children with us, but we'll talk and walk and talk and walk and talk... We will giggle at the things the children say, we'll share a meal with hubby, we'll BUY something, we'll just have a great day.  Ken always writes a poem for her birthday but I don't do that.  He'll make up the perfect poem that she'll keep forever, thus is their tie.  I'll bring her a prize, something she'll (along with Audrey) be looking for and I'll let her pick out something for her birthday when we shop!    Tafta and I have always liked to shop especially if there is a birthday involved.
Tafta is our second born.  Jonathan was not quite 2 (His birthday is next week.) when she was born.  I was still rocking him.  I had gotten so big and so was Jonathan, that Ken didn't want me to rock Jonathan anymore.  But he'd come in from work and there we'd be rocking in the old rocker.  So Ken moved my rocker to the corner of my bedroom and told me not to move it.  Jonathan put his little hands on his hips and said, "Why you put she's rocker in she's bedroom?"  He did not understand.  The very next Saturday, he and I were taking a nap on the couch when the labor pains started.  Neither of us knew what was about to happen!  I did get Ken to come home from work, he took me to the hospital and in just a little while here came Tafta.  The terrible thing was, there was another Evans woman that delivered in the same hospital, the same doctors, just a few minutes after me.  She also gave birth to a daughter.  Several times the nurses brought me the other Evans baby girl to nurse...and I did!  I was even dressing the wrong baby to go home when Ken came in and said, "Debbie, that's not our baby!"  He called the nurses down and made them check bracelets and charts.  I hate to admit it but Ken was right.   Luckily the other Evans woman had not left yet with our precious bundle!  I'm so glad you came into our lives.  So Happy Birthday Little Girl!  I love you so and will be there in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment