Sunday, January 29, 2012

January Birthdays!!!

Wow!  January is full of family birthdays!  Actually, as fast as our family has grown and is still growing every month is full of birthdays...But these people do kick off the year well.

Russell, Christy, Trent and Jax

January 1  Christy Sanderson White, Aunt Jane's oldest granddaughter, Liz's oldest child. Christy was born January 1, the same year as Ben. Just like Aunt Jane and Liz, Christy is a happy golden nugget in our family and more importantly the family of God.  She is a beautiful, delightful young woman.
Bridget, Charlotte, Jacquie, ACE and Chase

January 7  Charlotte:  What a wonderful person.  My daughter, Tafta, describes her best.  She is like a great literary character: full of life, diversity of interests, unafraid and ready for the next adventure.  Too bad 2012 is the "Year of the Dragon"; I'm sure Charlotte is convinced it is the year of the Goat!  Visit her at www.charlottesmenagerie.blogspot.com.  You'll enjoy her one acre downtown farm. 


Matthew Rogers is the big guy!

January 11  Matt:  The Alliance.  Matthew is my first son-in-law.  He is my best son-in-law.  He is my alliance.  If we vote out the rest of the family, Matt and I will remain.  Tafta says we are a lot alike.  I know for sure we both agree on one thing, I'm awesome...He is too.  He loves my daughter and he is a good father.  The alliance is strong.
William Dezell Evans, the 3rd

January 19 Dez:  My old-man grandson.  Dez turned three this year and he was born old.  This little fellow talked with Ken the other day on the phone and didn't really know how to end the conversation so he just said, "Well, it was good to meet you."  With that he was gone.  Ken has chuckled over that for days.  The young man is going to bring a lot of happiness before he truly turns old.

January 27 PaPa Evans:  Would have turned 105 this year.  He's been gone since the late 1980s.  Ben is named after him, so is Dez.  PaPa was the original Dezell.  He was so very excited about Ben.  I will always remember how he kept telling me, "The third one is the charm."  What a wonderful PaPa he was.
January 28 Ben:  Truly the charm.  Ben has always been a delight.  He is the son of his father's right hand.  Ben has grown into a fine young man.  A man that honors God, loves his wife and guides his children in the way that they should go.  I love my charmer.

Jane Peterson
January 29 Aunt Jane:  What a lady!  80 years old and still going strong.  God has blessed her immensely.  And He has blessed me immensely by letting her be a part of my life.  

I love these people.  January felt a little warmer just thinking of them.  Hope all of your birthdays were the absolute bestest and that all of your journeys have only just begun...

3 comments:

  1. In all fairness, I hope Matt is your "only" son-in-law or someone is going to be very unhappy. January birthdays in your family could take you to the poor house. Our big group of family birthdays are in November.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet photos and sweet tributes to your special January b-days!! Can't believe this month is almost over. Wow! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Debbie for the nice description and siting my blog. Every year around here is going to be the year of the goat. You do have a beautiful family that includes some exceptional January folks.

    ReplyDelete