Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bring on Your A Game!

I always hear the latest quip when it's yesterday's news.  But I heard one today that made my laughter jump straight out and holler!  State test scores came out for our 8th graders.  Our Principal called each 8th grade student into his office and delivered their scores to them and gave them their options:  congratulations or summer school.  Our 7th graders witnessed for the first time the tears in the halls, the emotions felt by their peers, good and bad.  My third hour class entered my room very somber.  I thought it was a good time to deliver my "Remember This Mood" speech.  I was expounding on the importance of delivering your "A Game" every time you come to school, when an innocent interrupted me with, "Mrs. Evans, what does the A in A Game stand for?"  Get ready here comes the zinger!  One of her classmates looked at her, rolled her eyes and said, "Girl, if that's your A Game you better bring the rest of the alphabet!"

Oh yeah, both girls are in this picture!  They are BETA kids, the smart ones!!!

 I whooped and hollered.  I love it!  So here comes my A Game and a whole can of Alphabet Soup!  That sweet sarcasm is why I can teach Jr. High & keep on rolling.  The journey is SWEET!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment