Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Special Day...

Audrey and Mother, the Queen Bees...
I love having a special day to think on Mothers. But really, I celebrate just about every day for some reason or other...(I love a good celebration...)This Sunday, May 8, I will be in church watching mothers being pinned for most children, oldest mother, youngest mother,etc.  If they gave a rose or some prize for  "Really You?"  I'd probably get that award.  I love my children and my grandchildren, but they were not my plan.  I decided early in my life I would not have children.  I didn't like children.  They reminded me of the munchkin land which reminded me of flying monkeys.  My mother had six beautiful, smart, wonderful children so why try to compete with that?  That's what I thought.  Then I met Ken.  All my plans change, that man is cute.  And so are my children and grandchildren.  I LOVE THEM and I'm glad God had other plans than the ones I had made.  My mother was an EXCELLENT mother.  She sews beautifully (but since fb & blogging take so much time, she's way too busy), she cooks very well, and knows just how to comfort or soothe a crying baby or grown child.  She always made sure we did our best in all we did and was there to support us in any way possible growing up. I love my MAMA!

Sully Mac, Kate, Stacy, Jonathan, Kendalyn & Joshua

Sunday, I'll also be thinking of my beautiful daughter-in-law Stacy Love Newman Evans.  She is married to my firstborn, Jonathan.  It is her birthday.  Stacy is the mother of four of my beautiful grandchildren, 10, 7, 6 and 1 year olds.  She is a WORKING mom and that does not just include a job.  She has been a wonderful example to me and most everyone that knows her on how to take care of the elderly loved ones in our lives.  Stacy aided both her grand mothers until their deaths.  She has coached her daughter in t-ball and now coaches one of her sons.  As I mentioned earlier with my mom, Stacy Girl can cook very well and does so for her family and friends.  She is known for sending dishes or soups to others if they are sick or just as a "pick me up".  As a matter of fact when I was really sick one time, she sent me a whole pot of the best potato soup in the world.  These two ladies wear me out.  They make me tired just typing about their lives!  Maybe I need a mother to live with me and tend to me...I don't know if I ever got it all down just right, this "Mothering" thing, but it's been a WONDERFUL journey and I am so glad God knows the way I should go!  Happy Mother's Day to all my children.  You have made me what I am, so deal with it!

TOTALLY BLESSED & a little crazy!

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 07, 2011

    How sweet...And funny!!! I never knew your "plan"!!! Mine ALWAYS included having a house FULL!!! Maybe it was being an only child always looking at larger families and feeling sad it was just me!!! Now there are days I wonder, "what have I got myself into??" No matter what, I thank God you at least had one!!! He has made my life FULL!! Love ya m'am and think of you DAILY now thanks to little Debbie Lynn!!! LOl

    Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for saying sweet things about me. Like you I was not going to marry and have Children I had tened to enough. I was the free baby sitter to kin folks kids all my growing up years, wanted no of that. But God had His plans, and He still leads. I am proud He gave me 5 girls and 1 son,22 grandchildren and 20 greatgrands and one day even more ,can never have too many. Thank you for being my Daughter and the wonderful grand
    children and greatgrands. Happy Moither's Day have a good one with your children.

    ReplyDelete