Monday, May 2, 2011

Sisters and Tea Parties



The Sisters, A gift from Sandy
The Tea Set, A gift from Aunt Jane


Sandy Elaine gave me the Sisters in the above photo a few summers ago.  I love the beach and she knows it.  The girls come from a series of Kathy Andrews Fincher and it's called "Mama Says...Take Care of Your Sister".  On the bottom of the sculpture is the following:

Mama  smiles...her younger daughter loves to follow in the wake of her older sister.
Mama prays...no matter how deep the sea of life, her daughters will reach out for each other.

Following this there is a scripture notation:  Romans 12: 10

Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love, in honour preferring one another.

Oh that this would be my thought this day toward all my sisters, family and those in Christ.

The tea set was passed on to me from MaMa Evans via Aunt Jane.  At Mammy and Pappy Camp, Ken served our darling grandchildren ice water using the service while I told them the story of Queen Esther.  What a wonderful memory that is for me.
 This Easter, Sadee Ann asked me if I could make hot chocolate for all the cousins for breakfast.  I did.  I broke out the tea set, made hot cocoa in the tea pot and served them in the tea cups.  She was thrilled.  She is hosting her first tea party for her birthday this next Saturday.  Ken and I bought her a "grown-up" tea set for her party.  As she was showing it all to her Dad, he said she rolled out the demitasse cups so very carefully, then the sugar bowl, then the creamer, finally when she uncovered her teapot, she said, "Impressed, uh?"    I don't know if he was, but I am!  She'll be four and we will all be in our best dresses as she serves at Merci Beau Coup in Natchitoches, Saturday morning...her first Tea Party...Her journey has only just begun...



Sadee Ann is "beating up" something special for her guests, as Anne-Claire looks on...
 

2 comments:

  1. This will a wonderful event. Can't wait to see the tea set you bought for Sadee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was very good Debbie. I rally do enjoy your blog pages.

    ReplyDelete