Saturday, May 21, 2011

Is That You Mama?

The last six week period, following i-LEAP & LEAP is a good time for projects.  As I told you in an earlier blog, "Things That Make You Go Hmm", our Science teacher sent the kiddos on a virtual scavenger hunt.  The project was worth MEGA points and it was due yesterday.  Its due date was brought to my attention yesterday morning when one of my honor students came begging to get in my room to see if she'd left it there.  She had not.  She found it though when I gave her my keys and let her look in the science room...hmm...
The best search happened yesterday afternoon.  We have a 7 period day, with a break between 5th and 6th period.  On that break I usually make my way  to the office (bathroom break, snack, cola, conversation, copy machine...).  It was there that I witnessed hilarity at its finest.  Sarena, one of the seventh grade girls, was on the phone with her mother explaining exactly where she left her project at home, on the stereo.  She explained how it was due TODAY and that she needed her to bring it to school immediately.  She was on the phone pleading for several minutes when she heard "her mama" say "We don't have a stereo on our four-wheeler."  Don't ask about the four-wheeler.  But it was then that Sarena realized she had just poured her heart out and pleaded to a wrong number.  Poor kid.  She called again.  This time her grandmother answered.  I thought the kid was going to ask for birth date and social security number.  She did ask her something, then I heard her say, "Aw, this is my MaMaw!  Can I talk to mama?"  She got her project there in time...Sometimes the journey takes us up the wrong road, but we'll get there eventually.

7th graders are not the only ones apparently that lose projects.  You can google "lost projects" and find a whole list of different web sites for a whole bunch of lost stuff.  Wow!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I remember that Dad showed up at school because you had forgotten your saxophone. It was really bad luck for me, because I happened to be sitting out in the hall with a bunch of boys for cutting up in class.

    ReplyDelete