Sunday, May 8, 2011

To His Mother

Mama Von with Kendalyn, Kate, Bethany, Audrey, Ava, Sadee, Sophee & Anne-Claire
To His Mother
Author Unknown
"Mother-in-Law" they say, and yet.
Somehow I simply can't forget
Twas you who watched his baby ways
Who taught him his first hymn of praise,
Who smiled on him with loving pride
When he first toddled by your side.
"Mother-in-Law" but oh, twas you
Who taught him to be kind and true,
When he was tired, almost asleep,
Twas to your arms he use to creep.
And when he bruised his tiny knee,
Twas you who kissed it tenderly.
"Mother-in-Law" they say and yet
Somehow I never shall forget
How very much I owe
To you, who taught him how to grow.
You trained your son to look above,
You made of him the man I Love
and so I think of that today.
Ah! Then with thankful heart I'll say
'Our Mother'

I am thankful today that my husband loves his mother and mine as his very own.  My daughter, my friend, has grown to be one of the best mothers I've ever known.  Her daughters are truly blessed.   I am also thankful for each of my daughter-in-laws for which I prayed years before they met my sons.  God has so richly blessed me with wonderful mothers in my life!

2 comments:

  1. Very good my Mother-in-law passed away
    I knew her but Carrel loved his Mother. This is a very good poem for a Mother- in- law we do have him a while then we give him to his wife and we do not interfer between them at all. Would like to see my son more but he is busy. But he needs to slow down and come smell my Roses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful tribute to your mother-in-law and all mothers. You are so very blessed.

    ReplyDelete