Saturday, April 30, 2011

SISTERS



If you are blessed enough to have sisters in your life, you know what a wonderful bond that is.  If you weren't so blessed you really should adopt a few.  I was blessed with four sisters, however I've also adopted a few along the journey.  Some research says that sisters are the closest people...They were with you when you were born, they'll be with you when you die.  They are there to support you when you fall down, they are there to salute you when you are honored.  Even though we sometimes disagree in BIG ways, I still don't want ANYONE to mess with one of my sisters!  I'll come to their defense in a heartbeat; I'll try to shield them from danger; I'll celebrate with them; I'll cry with them.  We are sisters.  I received a mug from one of them for Christmas one year that says:  "We are sisters...Same Blood, Different Planets!  We are sisters..." The mug is beautiful.  It has a caricature of each of us and under that is our name:  Charlotte, Debbie, Lenora, Elizabeth, Sandy.  I drink coffee from that mug EVERY morning.  I "pretend" I'm having coffee with my sisters.  They are LOVED!  We live in different cities now, no two in the same.  We're split in two different states.   Sometimes we draw each other close and sometimes we push each other away, just like when we were children.  However we are SISTERS.  This is what I draw from my sisters and try to give to them:

Strength
Insightfulness
Support
Trust
Enjoyment
Rebuffs
Sensibility

We are sisters!


If you have a sister, adopted or blood, please share what she means to you.  Life is short, enjoy the ride!

Please sit and have a cup of coffee with me!


2 comments:

  1. I loved it I had brothers .I was the baby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too Debbie. I drink coffee out of my cup too.

    ReplyDelete