Thursday, April 14, 2011

Too Blessed to be Stressed! or Bring on the Desserts!

Some things just bring on the STRESS!!!  When feeling totally stressed, I've been told before just work backwards and bring on the desserts!  Get it?

STRESSED

DESSERTS



I like that idea but it may be one reason that I'm overweight.  Too much stress and too many desserts!  Oh well, life is short so I always start with dessert...That may account for the excess poundage as well. 
I belong to an organization that is trying to reform my way of thinking.  The "team" really does a GREAT job.  We all recite a pledge that incites us to do better.  We talk about our successes and our trials.  I usually don't offer much here, because I consider it a success if I order a Whopper with cheese without saying "Heavy All".  That means "LOAD THAT SUCKER DOWN!"  My "team" frowns if I say something like that!  I don't talk about my trials, because I consider it a trial if I say to myself, "Ok, if the first slot at the Sonic is not open then I'm not suppose to stop there for a chocolate malt." And then I have to drive around it SIX times before that first slot opens.  THAT'S A TRIAL!  My "team" frowns again.  They also frown at me because I'm counting on the fact that research proves "Laughter is exercise."  See that means I can literally laugh my butt off!  At that point their frowning so BIG at me that I find that funny and start exercising!  One of my dear friends is 93 or 94 years of age.  She is so very wonderful and cares about me so much!  She called me the other day to tell me she had been missing me in our "team" meetings.  I said, "I know, I've just got to get myself together and do something about this."  She said, "Yes baby do it while you're young!"  I'm 53 years young...I think I'll have some birthday cake and ice-cream!  There I go again...Who's bringing the snacks for this ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment