Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy Birthday to the Heart of CPJH!


"St Teresa or Lois Lane", one of her military men, and her devoted husband.
Happy Birthday to a very special lady.  I try, as much as possible, to keep some people protected by not using their real names in case they should be embarrassed. If I even remotely think that part of the story could be of that nature, I'll change their name.  I was trying to decide what "name" to give this precious person.  Should I call her "Lois Lane"?  After all if you ever go near our school, you know she has super powers!  She has over many years sponsored the cheer/dance team, coached basketball and softball; served as Test Coordinator, 504 Coordinator, Chairperson for SBLC, Chairperson for Positive Behaviors, and in charge of scheduling every child.  Or would "St. Theresa" be more appropriate?  She is the mother of two military men, grandmother, devoted daughter, loving sister, friend and confidant to all school personnel, and school counselor.  Since both names seemed appropriate, I decided to name her "St. Lois".  St. Lois was one of the first people that I met when I arrived at CPJH.  She gave me the tour and my books.  I knew St. Lois would be a friend to me on this first meeting.  After school began, I was even more sure of it.  She's willing and able to lend a helping hand or a listening ear.  What I had NO idea about was all her "special" abilities.  A supervisor told me to watch the flagpole every Halloween.  Sure enough, on Halloween, St. Lois rides in on a broom and parks it on the flagpole.  That's true and very interesting!  Her sister, who teaches next door to me, will remove the broom from the pole to sweep her room.  She likes things clean and then she'll return the broom for St. Lois's return home.  One morning during announcements our Prince of a Pal let us all in on another secret.  It seems our system, Caldwell Parish Schools, was celebrating its 100th year!  That's astounding, but even more so was the next part of the announcement.  The night before, at the School Board meeting, the Board had had someone read the minutes from the very first meeting.  On the agenda of that first meeting was the hiring of new teachers.  It seems St. Lois was one of those very first teachers!  This is amazing.  She does not look a day over 50 or so...SO Happy Birthday special lady, "St. Lois", and may you call upon all your special talents (and patience) as we TEST this next week! 
Wonderful Grandmother, Sweet Granddaughter!

1 comment:

  1. What a great tribute to St. Lois. She is "da bomb" of CPJHS. I too, have witnessed her parking spot on Halloween. Happy birthday T., and hope you have many more to come.

    Love, Suzanne

    ReplyDelete