Thursday, April 7, 2011

Beware of Hail Damage


The girls and I getting ready to get our "slide" on!!!

Well it's almost that time again...Bikini Season...Like that's gonna happen around my house.  Last year our "big" investment for Mammy & Pappy Camp was an above ground swimming pool and a water slide.  It's just right for us and I love it!  I have to confess if I wasn't so afraid of the ladder and getting in by myself, I'd swim in it everyday, but sometimes last season Ken was after dark getting home and I was already busy with something else.  This year will be different!  All of this came to mind last weekend as Ken and I were waiting for our daughter-in-law to come pick me up for a trip to take grand daughter pictures.  We were waiting in the front yard and Ken said, "Debbie come stand in the shade, you probably don't need all that sun."  I quickly reminded him that my "Spa Doctor" told me that the sun is exactly what I do need.  It seems my vitamin D level is at a critical low; she told me to get 15 - 20 minutes of direct sun everyday.  When I reminded Ken of this he started chuckling.  I can read his "chuckles" a mile a way...He was remembering what happened to me last year.  When I came home and told Ken what the "Spa Dr." had said, Ken replied,"Why don't you lay out in the sun in the afternoon the way you did when you were a teenager.  You used to love that."  He is correct!  I did love that.  Back then I had a little green transistor radio and could lay out there for hours, if my mama or daddy didn't know about it.   I would lay out there with my radio and my book and be perfectly content.  Of course there have been some minor changes since I was a teenager, but I was willing to give it a try.  First day, outside, beach towel (big one these days), book in hand...small clouds but I didn't think it was too much to worry about.  There I was when all of a sudden as quick as a wink a small thunderstorm erupted.  If you live in Louisiana you know, if you're not listening to your Doppler, how quick a storm can arise.  I hustled, I bustled, I huffed and I puffed...finally I got inside the house, rushed to the bathroom and started drying off my swimsuit clad body.  Now our bathroom is loaded with mirrors, so I'm drying my body and that's when I saw the back of my legs!  OH NO!   I was just caught in the storm for a few minutes, but in those few minutes I had suffered some major HAIL DAMAGE!  I'm sure of it.  You might say cellulite, but I swear it looked just like some of those cars caught in a hail storm.  That's when I got the idea.  I called the "Spa Dr." told them of the incident and asked if I could come in and get a Dr.'s report so that I could claim this HAIL DAMAGE on my insurance.  They took me serious for a minute and then laughed and laughed...They've got some nerve... Maybe I should try State Farm...

3 comments:

  1. let me know if that works, lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. How will they fix your hail damage? Maybe a plunger?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just see that happening! Can't believe the Spa Doctor was laughing at such a SERIOUS matter! ;)

    ReplyDelete