Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rocky Dress Rehearsal...Great Performance

Wow!  What a day yesterday was!  I walked into our school building only to find that the painters had been very busy over the weekend.  (We're being renovated...) Sometime between Friday evening and Tuesday morning, they had painted all of the halls.  I got a headache with the first breath and then my "Grouch" was on like a chicken bone.  Second hour, my planning period, I stumbled to the copy machine to make a few copies...NO SUCH LUCK.  The copy machine went out one day last week and the secretary ordered a new one...not delivered yet.  I make my way to the back of the office for a Diet Coke.  The machine is completely OUT of EVERYTHING.  I have  to tell you also that there was  only one stall in the lady's bathroom with t p...What pray tell is happening here?  Do we not know that LEAP and iLEAP testing starts next Monday, less than a week away and I cannot breathe, make copies, or get a soft drink...might be time for the hard stuff.  Wait that's what I teach, the hard stuff, MATH! 

melanieth...
"Ok class, My job is to talk yours is to listen.  Let me know if you finish first."  ha!
 My students were either very patient with me yesterday or very scared, I don't know which, but I contacted the powers that be and recommended them ALL for Sainthood.  They could tell it was in their best interest to do as they were told first time and no questions asked, bless their hearts.  Today MUCH BETTER!  A brand spanking new copier arrived, the Coke man filled the machine, and Mona fixed our t p problem!!!  That leaves the paint smell...Last night I went to bed at 7:40 pm with paint in my nose, even after I had sprayed a "Nose Spray" in both nostrils...  The price of beautifying...When I was in the theatre,  producing or performing, the rule is: Rocky dress rehearsal, WONDERFUL performance.  So if I can make a connection here, this practice week started very rocky it has gotten better, let's all pray that next performance week starts off WONDERFUL!!!  Math is Monday morning and my kiddos are READY!  Come on team...let's perform!!!

4 comments:

  1. Love your optimistic attitude! That was a very bad, horrible, terrible, no good day. Glad things got better. I know your classes are ready for their BIG PERFORMANCE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad its getting better i know the kids are ready they have a great teacher like you in there corner teaching and molding there minds thanks for all you for our kids ... you have gotten my son derrick to love math again because you chalange him before he was getting bored with it he loves it now thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! No DC and a headache??!! Rotton day! A;exander would say it's time to move to Australia!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I know just how you acted in that class room last monday. I bet those kids were thinking "I thought she Yelled because she cares." The only thing worse than being yelled at in a classroom is for it to be scarstic. HA.

    ReplyDelete