Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Evans Girls

Audrey, Tafta, Katharyn, me, Stacy, Casondra, Sadee

According to Sadee Ann Evans, age 3,  Evans Girls are:

Pretty and Smart
And  Lil' Sweethearts!

I'm so very glad I'm an Evans Girl!  Ken and I have only one daughter, three daughter-in-laws and 8 granddaughters:  Katharyn, Anne-Claire, Audrey Jane, Sadee, Bethany, Sophee, Kendalyn and Ava!  I think that little poem of Sadee's (probably Joe's) is very applicable!  I think sometimes though an Evans Girl can be: 

Sassy and Mean
And believe we're Queens!

That pretty much fits us also. 
Katharyn McKinley Evans
Kate is very daring, competitive, and determined.  Her Pre-K Teacher was leading the class in a game of Travel with pictures of shapes.  Kate had just about won when someone beat her with the answer.  An expletive (learned that from her dad, I'm sure...) popped out of Kate's lovely mouth.  Her teacher quickly scolded her and reminded her that that was an ugly word.  Kate stomped her foot and said, "Yes I know and I meant it." 
  



Kate, Anne-Claire & Audrey Jane
Even though Anne-Claire likes to follow the rules, she'll throw you under the bus in a heartbeat!  One time she and Audrey Jane were playing at the "kitchen" set in the den.  When Ken walked it and caught them washing their dishes with real water.  They were splashing it all over the floor!  Ken of course said, "What's going on here?", in his big outside voice.  Anne-Claire quickly pointed to AJ and said, "She did it."  AJ swallowed big and said, "Well, don't you want us to have clean dishes?"
So there!

Bethany Cate & Sadee Ann
 
Then along came Sadee and Bethany.  Sadee is a born "Boss".  She was the smallest atendee an Mammy & Pappy Camp last year but I think she had the biggest presence!  When it was time to show-off to any type of audience (the Aunts, Church, Nursing Home) Sadee was in front due to size.  But if the others were louder or went to answer a question first, she got louder or up went the hand to tell them to stop, "I'll answer this!" So there!

Bethany may have been the youngest at Mammy & Pappy Camp, but she has a BIG voice.  I knew she'd fit in great when Pappy called her to breakfast and she yelled back, "In a minute, I'm busy in here!"  She really was busy, as soon as she was through she ran to him, "Whata ya want my Pappy?"  He is totally wrapped around that finger.  So there!

In one year we were blessed with four new grandchildren, one boy and three girls. 

The babies of 2009:  Dez, Sophee, Kendalyn & Ava


Sophee can show "Brattitude"!
 
Sophee leads this pack of girls.  She is Sadee's younger sister but is as big if not bigger than Sadee.. Sophee can melt you with her big brown eyes and turn on the "Brattitude" in nothing flat.  She was swinging on the kitchen counter the other day and her mother told her to stop.  She did, but she came over to my chair and said, "Look Mama, I'm doing it some more."  Her mother gave her the look and then the sweet child said, "I'm going to my room to do it in there."  So there!

Kendalyn and Ava don't yet talk much.  BUT they will already turn on the eyes, smiles, finger twisting, tears, everything that we Evans Girls are known for.  You know what we can hardly wait for them to pour it on! That's how we roll... So there!

Kendalyn, Mammy & Ava
Yep us Evans girls! 



2 comments: