Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Journey is Short...Come Smile With Me A While...

Eating strawberries with your cousin!
Dancing...


If a face can launch a thousand ships...wonder how many a smiling face can launch?
Mona Lisa's smile has been seen by millions around the world....
Wonder how far my smile and your smile can go?
Wonder how many days and lives a smile can brighten?
When I was in high school, one of our English teachers had us collect poetry.  I found a poem in Good Housekeeping magazine that revolutionized my way of looking at life and has stayed with me throughout the years...I don't remember (maybe it was anonymous) the author but I'll share with you the poem.

   Until
I had not learned to live
Until I learned to treasure every moment given.
To realize the slightest touch
May hold a hidden heaven.

Sometimes life touches us hard and sometimes life is joyous.  Just like we learn to choose our battles, I think we must learn to choose our joys.  I'm a person that chooses to be happy...and these are some of the things that make me smile...
  1. The Lord
  2. A hug from my husband
  3. A baby's giggle
  4. A call from my mother
  5. Hairdo Day
  6. My children, children-in-law, grandchildren...their comings and goings
  7. My husband's people
  8. My Church Family
  9. My first watermelon in summer
  10. July 11
  11. The first day of school in fall
These are just a few of the things that make me smile, PLEASE use my "comment" section below and share something that makes you smile.  You may leave it anonymously or take credit.  But your "participation" in this journey means a lot to me...Smile a while...or just grin and bear it!!!!

Young Love

Sisters...

Older Love


So share with me PLEASE...what makes you smile???


11 comments:

  1. Childhood friends that last a lifetime...Karen Rainbolt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Opening my eyes the first time in the morning,
    the first sip of coffee,
    the phone ringing,
    the sunshine,
    the raindrops,
    the warmth of summer
    the cold of winter
    a challenge
    a movie
    My Bride
    my little 'uns
    thoughts of heaven
    hopes of life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waking up and I can smell from the bed that my husband has made the coffee
    Of course my grandchildren.
    Each flower that blooms in my garden.
    My bad rooster crowing.
    Just being here another day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My daughter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Things that make me smile....

    yummy fruit that is just right, tomato sandwiches with home grown tomatoes, coffee, innocent things that children say, thoughts of the beautiful flower bed I will one day have (ha!), my family, giving a really great gift to someone, getting a really great gift, the way my husband patiently explains, realizing just HOW awesome God is that he would forgive me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Friday, Saturday, Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Things that make me smile----
    a walk on the beach
    babies
    my kiddos
    my students
    the smell of a fresh plowed field
    knowing where I will spend eternity
    seeing old friends
    making new friends
    By Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Watching over my family makes me smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Getting to see mamas meet their brand new babies, the little tomatoes I'm growing, my dog Beau, dancing with you at weddings. :)

    That photo of Mamavon and Pop is a really good one! I'm enjoying your blog -- Love, Sam

    ReplyDelete
  10. It makes me smile when I get to tell people I'm a garbage man, it's what I've wanted to be since I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joe, the memory of all of us riding down the road and your Daddy saying to each one of you,"Ok ______ what do you want to be?" He was so SERIOUS! Everyone had a dream or what they thought would please Daddy anyway. Then came you! Sweet baby Joe, "I wanna be the guy on the back of the garbage truck!" THea memory makes me smile BIG!

    ReplyDelete