Thursday, March 31, 2011

April Fools Eve, a New Holiday!

Tomorrow is April 1...a day every Jr. High teacher loves, April Fools Day.  I have played so many April Fools Day pranks that it is an outright shame.  Some of my favorites were played on my poor mother.  Sad to say, I still enjoy that.  Today, March 31, is a day I now celebrate...April Fools Eve...less likely to draw suspicion.   This morning I stood my duty post and paid particular attention watching for poor unsuspecting junior high students.  They never knew what they had coming their way.  I stopped several one by one (girls and boys alike) with great concern spread all over my face, "Dear, what happened to your eye?"  They all replied, "Nothing, why what's wrong?"  I would innocently say, "It's all black around the eye and the eye itself is bloodshot and looks like it's going to bleed."  One then said, "Oh I know I hit myself with a stick..."  He reached up to touch it and I said, "Oh no, it's the other eye."  Of course then he had no idea and went straight to the bathroom to check it out.  The girls were very clueless.  They practically ran to check it out.  One seventh grade boy even followed my finger as I held it up until I started laughing.  I guess whatever they bring my way tomorrow I deserve, however I'm playing a non-April Fools Non-Joke!  I'm giving a Unit Test!  I'm hoping everyone of the darlings bring their math game face on and turn out to be April Smarties!  That's how I roll on this journey.  There's just one thing that's got me concerned...Bubba and the mouse...
Going to be a Crazy Day! 
Maybe I'll bring my blow dryer and write speeding tickets in the hallway....interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like Dez passed gas in this picture and Sophee is crying about it! Just saying, maybe the jokes on her...

    ReplyDelete