Thursday, March 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Little Brother!!!

There have been two men in my life that stand out as men with a "Servant's Heart", my husband and my brother.  My husband...that's another story.  My brother...today is a story for him.  Today happens to be Frank's birthday.  It's the first speed limit I recall; it's the big 5 - 0!!!  It doesn't seem like fifty years have passed since Mom delivered him at home, didn't make it to the hospital on time...had him in her room, with us older three girls at the other end of the house.  I don't really recall that, it was late at night and I was only three.  My daddy got home just in time to tie the cord.  He had hired a lady to stay with mama and help her get to the hospital if necessary, but she got excited I guess when it was time and got the car stuck in the ditch beside the driveway.  Mama just went to her room and delivered!  That's how she raised us also, if a job needs to get done just DO IT!  Anyway, that's also another story.  Remember this blog is about lessons, I'm not really going to give a lesson on birthing, I just wanted to talk about my brother and the things I've learned from him during this journey. 
He has a "Servant's Heart".  He loves people.  He loves his family, always hasI don't recall that fellow fussing with any of us older three girls EVER when we were young.  He was and is simply PRECIOUS!  I do remember sitting in the living room, watching TV and being cold.  It was probably at the best part of a really great movie.  I  (or any one of my sisters) could say, "I'm cold, Frank Honey, would you go get me a blanket?"  and up he'd get.  I don't remember him denying us anything that he could get done.  Even more recently, he sold our old home place.  He called me, asked me if I wanted it or had any problems with him selling it.  I said, "No, it belongs to you.  But I remember when the new sidewalk was built and I would like a piece of it.  (I'm very nostalgic.)  The kid dug up the whole thing...
He is "Laid Back" when he needs to be and a person of action when he needs to be.  Frank can be so laid back that you wonder if the job will get done in this life.  He might not get excited about everything you think he should.  However if the boy needs to get it on.  He can.  When he was a teen-ager he was really "bulked" up and he did a few gigs as the "Hulk".  I think if he had to move a mountain he could.  Believe me, I've seen him move.
I do remember when us older three went to school and had to leave Buzzy behind.  The darling cried.  He so wanted to go with us.  He was also waiting there in the front yard by the road when the bus came to bring us home.  He missed us and loved us and wanted to be around us.  But maybe not always...Frank also knows how to disappear!  Sometimes we would look for hours for Frank Jr. after he got old enough to wonder on his own.  He might be asleep by a tree in the woods, swimming in a forbidden hole, running through fields with friends, climbing trees somewhere, or visiting with Grandma but you sure wasn't going to find him if he didn't want to be found. 
I think he still has these characteristics, he's a GREAT man...just ask any of his sisters!  By the way, when the little lad went to school and the teacher asked him what his name was, he told her straight up,"Frank Honey."  Still is...love that boy~!!!!  (The journey's been sweet.)

1 comment:

  1. This was such a good idea, I had to blog about Frankie too.
    When I taught 3rd grade in Bastrop, my class hosted the haunted house and Frank played the Hulk. The school was so excited all day and the day after about the Hulk coming to our school. He may have seemed a bit shorter than he did on TV, but he looked real.

    ReplyDelete