Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Lesson from the Road

One of my good teacher friends, "Suzanna", told me a couple of days ago she and her son, "Travesty" were traveling from Natchitoches to home in separate vehicles.  Suzanna warned Travesty about speeding through certain parishes where she was unfamiliar with the local law enforcement agency.  Travesty was very careful in those parishes, but getting closer to familiar ground his foot got heavy.  Almost to home parish ground, sure enough, Travesty got pulled over for speeding.  First thing he did, called mama for backup!!!  Mama pulls up, says (something like) "I'm his mama and we're trying to get home from Natchitoches."  Trooper, "Ok, just pull up in front."  Trooper speaks with Travesty:  (something like) "I'm just going to give you a warning, you need to be careful and slow down.  I'm not going to write you a ticket 'cause if I did, I'd have to write your mama one too."  When Suzanna relayed this story I laughed and laughed at her!!! (and with her)  Next morning I'm headed to Funroe.  Sure enough, I get pulled over.  Not for speeding, but for an out of date license tag!!! 
Moral of the story:  Don't laugh, you're next.
Question:  WHERE WAS MY MAMA WHEN I NEEDED BACKUP!!!?

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic! That's some serious get down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt laugh! The other day Riggs was riding with some of our friends to church. They passed a policeman that had pulled over a citizen and Riggs said, "My dad knows that guy!"

    ReplyDelete