Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Crazy Mona and Hubba Bubba

Oh Ms. Mona and Mr. Bubba...Maybe they shouldn't even be in the same sentence since they do spend their day in separate halls...ummm...These two wonderful people are the Custodians of our school.  If there's one person you want to be your friend, it is the custodian of your school.  No matter what your relationship to the school is, those two KNOW what's going on all over the building and with everybody in the building.  They are not "busybodies"  even though believe me they are very BUSY.  They just know what's going on because they SEE everything.  For instance, if I think a child is trying to pull the wool over my eyes about being sick, Bubba can tell me exactly how many trips the kid has made to the bathroom and whether or not they made it.  Now I know that sounds bad, but this is helpful information...especially on test days.  Mona can tell me who's mad at who and who I better watch out for.  If they are after me, I can count on Mona...she's got my back like white on rice!  They are my FRIENDS.  I know Mona is my friend because as I said she watches out for me, she picks up pencils in the hall for me (or sweeps them by my door), she makes sure my room is ready to start the day EVERYDAY.  I think Bubba is my friend because he likes to pick on me.  Most times if you don't like someone you leave them alone.  Bubba may have issues, but he's MY friend!!!  All this leads me to my problem.  A week ago, late one evening, while I was putting grades in my computer, I saw a little brown furry (dare I say it) mouse run across my floor.  I almost...well you can imagine.  I HATE those things.  Anyway, next morning I quickly found Mona and told her.  Just as quickly to my rescue she put out a "sticky" thing.  Bubba laughed.  He said, "You won't catch it and if you do I've got plenty more where that one came from."  See I told you, he's my friend.  He's trying to imply he put it in there because he knows I'm TERRIFIED of those things.  Anyway, today I noticed there was something that looked like some fur on one corner of the "sticky" thing.  So I had one of my trusted students, a brave young lad, go to the back and investigate.  He reported that yes indeed it was fur.  I asked Mona if maybe she'd caught the rodent and trashed it.  But she said no, she had noticed that the fur was there but she guessed it got off.  OH NO!!!  To this remark Bubba just laughed, took off his hat revealing a bald streak running the full length of his round head and said, "So if you see a mouse again, take a good look and see if he looks like this."  That Bubba, he is my friend.  Mona's going to set a trap for him!!!

Mona Jones
Mona is cool!!!
Bubba is a ummmm, now what rhymes with cool???
Just kidding Bubba, you are my FRIEND!!!

4 comments:

  1. Great story Debbie.
    They actually teach in college education classes that the 3 most important school people for a teacher to be in good with are the custodians, the lunchroom ladies, and the school secretary. They are a great source of information and help. In fact, once our mother came to see me at school and those were the people I introduced her to. She took it all wrong. Why didn't I introduce her to the principal and teachers? I replied, "These are my most important allies for the job I have to do."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't agree more Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ask Cool Mona and Hubbard Bubba about my CPJHS mouse story....the sticky strip was involved in my story too. Give those important people a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are my favorite groups of people...and I didn't even learn about them in college, Aunt Charlotte! lol

    ReplyDelete